Get Back What You’ve Been Missing With Dentures
Periodontitis, tooth decay, and even an oral injury can significantly harm your smile. For some patients, the damage leads to extensive tooth loss. And that means dentures or dental implants are necessary to restore what’s missing. In this article, your dentist in Ridgecrest at The Dentist House highlights dentures and their benefits.
What are dentures?
Dentures first became a tooth loss solution way back in 7th century BC. They were constructed from animal and human teeth – far less advanced materials than what we have today. Nowadays, most dentures are comprised of resin or porcelain. They look just like natural teeth; if appropriately fitted, no one will be able to tell you’re wearing a dental prosthesis at all.
Top benefits of dentures:
- They can plump out facial wrinkles.
- They will give you a more youthful appearance.
- You will be able to eat your favorite foods and speak clearly and confidently.
A few tooth loss and dentures statistics
- Tooth loss can be caused by decay, cancer, injury, gum disease, or wear.
- More than 36 million Americans don’t have any teeth.
- 90% of people without any teeth wear dentures.
Looking after your dentures
After getting upper and lower dentures, we encourage patients to see us annually for a checkup. Why’s this important? So we can inspect your oral health and at-home hygiene routine. Natural teeth stimulate your jawbones, but dentures don’t. As a result, your jawbones will recede over the years. Routine visits allow us to monitor these changes and address them. No one wants to experience loose dentures.
Ready to find out more about dentures? Call us for a no-obligation consultation today.
Enjoy a More Natural Looking Smile with Dentures in Ridgecrest, CA
At The Dentist House, we care about your smile. If you are missing one or more teeth as a result of an injury, gum disease, age, or other reasons, our talented team can help you with a set of comfortable and natural looking set of full or partial dentures. We also provide our patients with denture implants, offering strength and support for a happier and healthier smile, leaving you with a lasting sense of confidence. To find out more about the services that we offer, or to schedule an appointment, call today at (760) 301-5912.
Dial us for long-lasting dentures
- Enhance the appearance of your smile
- Custom-made to your mouth
- Easy to clean and care for
- Speak clearly & eat with ease
- Lower your risk of oral health issues