Oral Cancer Checks Are Performed By Your Ridgecrest Dentist
Did you know that oral cancer is the sixth most common type of cancer in the United States? It's a disease that can affect any part of the mouth, including the lips, tongue, gums, cheeks, and floor of the mouth. Oral cancer can also spread to other parts of the body. That's why it's so important to get regular oral cancer checks dentist in Ridgecrest from your. In this blog post, we will discuss the signs and symptoms of oral cancer, as well as how to get checked for it.
Common signs of oral cancer
If you notice any changes in your mouth, it's important to see us right away. Some of the signs and symptoms of oral cancer include:
- A sore or irritation that doesn't go away
- A lump or mass in the mouth
- White or red patches on the gums, tongue, or lining of the mouth
- Bleeding in the mouth
- Pain or numbness in the mouth or lips
- Difficulty swallowing
- A change in the way your teeth fit together when you bite down
If you notice any of these changes, it's important to see Dr. Josef Mamaliger right away. He will perform a thorough oral cancer examination, which may include a visual exam, palpation, oral brush biopsy, or oral swab test.
Oral cancer is a serious disease that can have devastating consequences. That's why it's so important to get regular oral cancer check in Ridgecrest CA from your dentist. If you notice any changes in your mouth, don't hesitate to make an appointment with your dentist right away. They will be able to perform a thorough examination and determine if you need any further treatment.
Count on us for oral cancer check in Ridgecrest CA
- Early detection saves lives
- Painless and non-invasive
- Easier to remove if detected early
- Happens during your checkup